x5vale: (Default)
[personal profile] x5vale
HAPPY BIRTHDAY [livejournal.com profile] ames1010!!!

Hope you have an awesome one!



OMG....Dean and Sam, pissed off worried big brother and guilty, sorry Sam. LOVE!!!

OMG...really I wasn't even excited for this episode but the first 5 minutes? The boys together? AWESOME.They both broke my heart.
Jensen and Jared were just perfect.

Dean was so pissed off and so worried at the same time. Sam was doing
exactly what he has tried to stop since S1.So he was desperate...and honest, like I wasn't expecting. Dean told Sam everything he knew, about Castiel, about his travel in the past..while Sam?
No, he didn't. I guess this will cause the rift between the boys in the first place. Dean comes clean, Sam no. It's like Dean can't trust his brother anymore.
Think about it:
The Yed telling him Sam might not be 100% Sam;
John telling him to stop him;
Castiel telling the same thing;
Dean seeing what he did in the past.

He loves Sam and he always will but love is different from trust. As much as Dean tries to understand Sam and I am sure he does...I also think something is broken inside of him. The trust in his brother...maybe is not gone but it's not the same anymore. I know too well this feeling. It can destroys you.
Dean showed all his fears and emotions, simply and clearly. He knows
there is a lot going so and he isn't allowed to hide things from Sam.
He doesn't want.

Sam? Oh I saw glimpses of Sammy and it was so painful.
Sam is really following a dangerous path. It's so easy to trigger him. Just few buttons the demon pushed made him lose the control. Point is he never gets the answers he wants. He killed the CRD and it was useless. He didn't get any info from the demons he killed, so what's the point, Sam?
Is he telling himself a story that is acceptable, that so he can save lives without killing people or is there something he's hiding from himself too?
His look when Dean told him about Castiel was so scared. He believes
in God and now he knows God doesn't want him do what he does. How painful must be for him? Knowing this and knowing that his brother would hunt him if he didn't know him?

Dean and Sam
They are both alone, they are both scared and terrified.
When Sam got out of the car and yelled at Dean, he made it clear how much he feels alone and scared. I believe when he says he has to make something good out of it because he needs to, but yeah...road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
I get that Sam thinks Dean can't understand but this way, he's closing his brother outside and once again he is doing the wrong thing. He
can't do this alone. He can't simply say that he is done with the powers. He can't shut Dean out. It's selfish, it's again "it's all about me, yu can't understand, leave me alone". It doesn't work this way and Dean knows it better than anyone else.
The way he looked at his brother when he was telling him his feelings, was the same Castiel gave him at the end of ITB. Full of simphaty but aware he is the one who can save his brother.
They have both their personal burden to carry. It's not a matter of which one is heavier. They are both cruel and they can find a way out only together.
It's not Dean show or Sam show. They both have their role.
We should just enjoy the ride!

Some more things.

-I liked that the old hunter understood that something was off with Sam.

-"Don't get me started"..Jensen does always so much with his voice.

-I liked the interaction between the boys, the fact that they still complete each other when they hunt. As when Sam wanted to save Jack,
while Dean, as usual, wanted to act. This is so in character for both of them. Means they still are the Winchesters as we know them.

-"We are here to save you..I guess.."...Oh Dean!

-oh man gross...

-Big brother is always right Sammy. *grins*

-Sam again in the closet, like in Nightmare.

-"It only matters what you do. It's your choice". I wish he could really believe his own words but Jack proved him it's not that easy.
No matter what Sam keeps telling himself.

-Ruby is doing much more damage to the brothers relationship than Castiel or anyone else. How much does she hurt Dean? I mean how much he was affect by her, to the point of telling Sam he didn't need him since he can go around hunting demons with her? I know Dean was pissed and he would never leave Sam, but is Sam seeing where Ruby is leading him?
This is the biggest betray Dean has to face. Sam prefers Ruby. Sam doesn't need him. Actually he does, but this another story.


Now I just want Dean to remember something about Hell and I am perfectly content with this season :))))

ETA
Once again, Sam took Dean for granted. Focused on himself. Not a word about what Dean went through in Hell, not a word on how he must have felt after Castiel's revelations. This is not by chance. This is Sam's limit. Not able to relate to his brother pain and issues. Never.
Pride, pride, pride..."I can do it by myself", "I'm soing the right thing". As always. I feel sorry for him because he is so focused on telling himself lies, that he is totally unable to see what he is doing to himself and to his brother.



Jensen's acting owns me. He owns me every time, that's the main reason why I really love him. Everything else is just a game.

Date: 2008-10-10 09:27 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rojaji.livejournal.com
two things I took from this ep:

1. sam will NEVER win an argument with his big brother again - because now dean has god on his side... heh.. poor sammy. I feel so bad for him, anyone with an older sibling could empathize! ;p

2. I don't know why, but after seeing that last scene? I had a feeling that sammy is going to try to go on the straight and narrow, but will have to use his powers again to save dean somehow. mind you, I have no idea what the spoilers are saying, thats just speculation on my part.


ugh. screaming kid, either wet bed or bad dream, I better go check. it'll be your turn soon enough val!!

Date: 2008-10-10 09:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
I am an older sibling!!!

Awww take care of the kid :)

Oh well I think Sam will use his powers again soon too.

Date: 2008-10-10 09:31 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] albeitslowly.livejournal.com
Haven't seen it, but I don't think Sam's resolve to stop using his powers will last. I'm not psychic. I just know these things. *shifty eyes*

And I'm with you. I need Dean to remember Hell already. *is impatient*

Date: 2008-10-10 09:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Oh I am with you, he won't.

Date: 2008-10-10 09:51 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ckll.livejournal.com
I think Dean still trusts Sam but he's very worried. He has seen Hell and believes that these kind of powers cannot be good. I like that he mentioned Castiel and God which it seems that he started believing in Castiel's words

Date: 2008-10-10 10:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
I think he wants to trust him but somehow he can't, because he has seen things Sam can only imagine.

Date: 2008-10-10 10:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ckll.livejournal.com
And we know what happens in some episodes.

Date: 2008-10-10 11:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Yes we do.

Date: 2008-10-10 09:51 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] leelust.livejournal.com
Great words! Totally agree with you and i need more time to digest all info i got from this awesome ep.
Just one thing - i so want to beleieve in Sam's words in the last talk in Impala - i so want to... but he said them and didn't look Dean in the eye... it's not the way you telling the truth to someone close to you... And what that meant? I didn't do it for you? Sammy, Dean didn't ask to do that for him it's you his was worried about...
Man, i'm so scared for Sammy...

Date: 2008-10-10 10:01 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
I don't believe his words. I think not even Sam believes to himself.

now tell how much Jensen broke you with his voice and his eyes????

Date: 2008-10-10 02:12 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] leelust.livejournal.com
As to your added part - agree. I know i'll be there too - i'll be feeling sorry for him.
And you said it perfectly - Pride!!!! Remember 301? How Pride was reacted to Sam? Maybe cos it feels they look alike?
I so hope Sam will get over with this and return to us as our Sam we like. Other way there'll be a battle between Good and Evil and we all know where Sam will be with all his good intentions...

Date: 2008-10-10 02:42 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] leelust.livejournal.com
Ay, i forgot about Jensen's part! Sorry :(
It was delight to watch him in this awesome (sad but awesome) ep. he's so subtle with emotions! He's voice acting is amazing! Heard how his voice cracked when he talked with Sammy? So much love in that voice! I think Dean feel less betrayed but more pissed cos of Sam's 'stupidity' - cos this dangerous path he chose would be lethal for him. Dean was worrying about Sam again *sigh*
Damn, i don't know how Jensen does it but it's always different and always perfect. I have no words to describe his talent - only awesome, fantastic, amazing, mesmerizing... and go on and go on...

Date: 2008-10-10 02:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Did you see the pain in his eyes after he punched Sam?

Oh I agree. That's why we love him right?

Date: 2008-10-10 02:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] leelust.livejournal.com
Of course i did! I'm not blind :)
The reason of those punches was care for Sam's life, how can Dean didn't feel pain and sorrow and wan't be hurt? I think it was more painful for Dean to punch his brother than for Sam to receive those punches (cos admit it - Sam was waiting something like this).

Oh, yes, def for that - there are a lot of beautiful people in Hollywood but the look is shallow if there's nothing behind. We love Jensen for his talent in the first place.

Date: 2008-10-10 03:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Agreed. You know them so well :)

Date: 2008-10-10 03:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] leelust.livejournal.com
God, i love this place of spreading love!

Date: 2008-10-10 03:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
ALWAYS!!!

Date: 2008-10-10 09:58 am (UTC)
ext_13391: (sam's scary)
From: [identity profile] smilla02.livejournal.com
This episode left me so uncomfortabel. As much as it was great seeing them coming clean about their feeling, the future appears even more dire and dark than before.
There's a rift between them (due to everything that's happened) and only time will tell if they'll be able to fill it up.
I hope they do!

Now I just want Dean to remember something about Hell and I am perfectly content with this season :))))

So much WORD!

Date: 2008-10-10 10:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Agreed. Hopeless was the first word that came to my mind.

Date: 2008-10-10 01:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ames1010.livejournal.com
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, babe!! :D:D:D
*hugs you tight*

Date: 2008-10-10 01:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
*hugs you back*

Date: 2008-10-10 04:39 pm (UTC)
ext_16631: (GUH)
From: [identity profile] cg-chevygirl.livejournal.com
You know I normally only have squeeeeage on Jensen, but I'm going to say something about a character now. yes, I can do that! LOL!

sorry, squeeee first: OMG the Ackting! It blew me away. And I saw the episode without contact lenses, with my nose pressed to the screen en in non-hires and I was taken by his beauty already! *sigh*

...

Right, I was going to say something right? LOL!
Anyways, I never care much for the character Sammy in itself. Honestly, I found Sam a whining obnoxious little one in the first season, but this morning I felt sooooo sorry for Sam. It hurt me even. I'm hardly ever moved deeply by a character, because I know it's fictional, but this was so sad. I felt so sorry and Jared's puppy dog eyes and hurt expression weren't helping there either. LOL!

Aaaand gore again. Kripke must have been giggling all the way. *shakes head* *g*

I loved the episode. I love the interaction between Jared and Jensen on screen. Wonderful!

Date: 2008-10-10 04:52 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
I feel sorry for Sam a lot, but I still think he's totally doing the wrong things and betraying Dean once again.

Date: 2008-10-10 04:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kros-21.livejournal.com
hey hunny!!!

So yeah, I agree... Sam shouldn't keep Dean away like that...
he is hurting is brother like that and he needs him because Dean is his weakness but also his strenght...
but I do can see Sam's reasons even if I don't excuse him anyway. And I understand his need to make something good out of those powers...
I think Sam believes he has to face all that alone and maybe yeah, he is the one who has to deal with the demon's blood inside him but the presence of Dean beside him will be the key of everything, I'm sure.

I'm sorry but I don't agree on your "ETA" thought.
I don't think Sam doesn't consider his brother pain but all that happened in the last episode wasn't about Dean and the months he spent in hell, it was about Sam, about the dark side of him.. Sam had no ther choice to justify himself in front of Dean than describe his view of the story so of course he has to talk about his pain and not his brother's.
Moreover I think Sam was lying when he said that he could do that on his own.. that's not pride Vale, I'm sorry. It's not. It's just that he thinks that nobody can help him because he is the one with those freaking powers.... he will understand the importance of his brother, just give him time.
But I 'm convinced... that's everything but PRIDE.

Date: 2008-10-10 05:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
When I wrote Pride I was thinking about the sin he had to face in SIN CITY. That was his sin.

I don't mean pride as inability to ask for help. Sam asks for. Not now but he did.

Sam's pride, imo, is just his attitude to think he is right. The moral supremacy some smart reviewer talked about in S1. He thinks he does the right thing. He doesn't listen. I understand why and I really feel sorry for him...but yes this is my take on pride.

It's nice to disagree btw :)

Date: 2008-10-10 05:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kros-21.livejournal.com
I think it's a matter of what you mean for "Pride"...
in some ways I can see why you think Sam is pride...

yeah, it's good because you can share your opinions and get more ideas/speculations/POVs. :D

Date: 2008-10-10 05:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Not me...it's how Kripke sees it. He gave Sam the sin of Pride :)

Date: 2008-10-10 06:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ginatras.livejournal.com
Once again another awesome episode!! You hit everything right on!! I love your episode posts! I certainly could never say it like you do, but I always agree! LOL. Especially that last line!!! :)

Date: 2008-10-10 07:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Of course you do with the last line.

Thank you :)

Date: 2008-10-10 06:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] schnute23.livejournal.com
Jensen's acting owns me. He owns me every time, that's the main reason why I really love him. Everything else is just a game.

I couldn't agree more!!!<3 <3 <3

Date: 2008-10-10 07:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
As you said, JENSEN FTW!

Date: 2008-10-10 08:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] apieceofcake.livejournal.com
>>Now I just want Dean to remember something about Hell and I am perfectly content with this season :))))


Yes!! please...

Date: 2008-10-10 08:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] apieceofcake.livejournal.com
Yes now..but we are only 4 eps in so it's probably unlikey! Hope I'm wrong though..it's not as if we've seen him suffer enough ;-)

Date: 2008-10-10 08:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
I am sure we will see him suffer a lot again.

Date: 2008-10-10 10:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] animotus.livejournal.com
Ohhhhh così tante cose da dire!!!!
Diciamo subito che sono felicissima di aver visto Dean e Sam confrontarsi,e amo la maniera in cui lo hanno fatto,Dean arrabbiato ma molto probabilmente più deluso dal tradimento di Sam!Confesso che però non mi sento di condannare Sammy,è vero che ha continuato a mentire anche dopo le confessioni di Dean,però in un certo senso lo capisco,le sue intenzioni sono probabilmente buone,in fondo lui ha sofferto da matti dopo la morte del fratello e in più si sente diverso,ha paura di sè stesso e ha paura che Dean possa non amarlo per quello che realmente è,cioè il suo little brother!Concordo con il fatto che si sarebbe dovuta mettere in gioco anche la storia di Dean in Hell perchè in fondo il ragazzo ha sofferto e non immagino inconsciamente cosa stia accadendo ma sono sicura che prima o poi esploderà!
In generale bellissime le scene tra loro due,Sam (Jared) mi è piaciuto moltissimo in questo episodio,devo parlarti anche di Jensen?Che se recita "muto" fa paura,se gli inquadrano solo la faccia fa paura,se recita fuori campo e ascolti solo la voce fa paura,se metti insieme tutti questi elementi e li unisci anche a quell'aria stanca,delusa,preoccupata e desiderosa di un pò di speranza nella sua vita....viene fuori uno spettacolo!♥♥♥
Infine non ci credo neanche un pò che Sammy smetterà con gli esorcismi,o almeno credo che possa avere un pò di buona volontà!E non credo neanche a Dean che si sente subito meglio dopo la confessione del fratello,baby...you're better than that!;)

Date: 2008-10-11 07:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Che dire???

Sono perfettamente d'accordo con te su tutto.

Specie su Jensen!!!

Date: 2008-10-11 04:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aphrodite33.livejournal.com
I can see why you would think Sam is selfish, even I thought that at one point. But then I stepped back and looked at Sammy, and realized he is scared to death.

He is afraid of what he is going to become, what he is doing. He is afraid of every thing, and he isn't sure if he can stop it.

after talking with [livejournal.com profile] trystan830 today, she said Dean grounds Sam.

So I think-When Dean died Sam began to unravel. and he wasn't sure who he was and what he was doing. He is convinced he is doing the right thing, but deep down he knows he is wrong.

Dean was angry and rightly so, I mean look at Sam and what happened after he died. Look who Sam shacked up with ;) Dean felt betrayed and lied too. Sam promised him, and broke that promise.

Will the boys mend their fences, only time will tell.

Loves this season.

*hugs*

Date: 2008-10-11 07:04 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
Oh I agree that he is scared, and alone and desperate. All those things together bring people to be selfish imo.

I mean, if he just listened and accepted the help Dean is trying to give him, well it woulod be easier for Sam too.

I love this season as well.

*hugs back*

Date: 2008-10-12 07:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] willoweese.livejournal.com
"He loves Sam and he always will but love is different from trust. As much as Dean tries to understand Sam and I am sure he does...I also think something is broken inside of him."
Yes, this is it exactly. I'm certain that Dean is trying to understand. There were a couple of moments, when he looked at Sam, I could see him thinking 'I know you're fighting your own demons, and I really want to understand what they are, but I just can't...'

"They are both alone, they are both scared and terrified."
They might be back together after four months apart, but there is such a distance between them, that I do worry they will never be able to close completely... And that breaks my heart.

"Now I just want Dean to remember something about Hell and I am perfectly content with this season :))))"
My sentiments exactly!

And your last statement? Perfect in every way :)

Date: 2008-10-12 06:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
As I said once, we do share a brain :)))

Love you tons!

Date: 2008-10-13 09:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] willoweese.livejournal.com
We do indeed :)

Love you heaps, Val!!

Date: 2008-10-13 03:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] betgirl.livejournal.com
They have both their personal burden to carry. It's not a matter of which one is heavier. They are both cruel and they can find a way out only together.
It's not Dean show or Sam show. They both have their role.

OMG I wrote the same thing in my review. Now I feel kind of bad because I think I plagiarized you.

As always I agree with you. The only thing I don't agree 100% is about Sam. As much as he can be selfish and take Dean for granted, I think his "I can do it by myself" mentality has more to do with the fact that he thinks that he's the one who has the powers and thus has to learn to deal with them himself. Granted, that is a bit of a contradiction because he's letting Ruby help him, but it still feels like that to me. But more than that I think he himself thinks he's a freak because of he powers and because of the demon blood and the way he's dealing with those feelings is by stating that and acting like he can do everything by himself. I dunno, it's just the way I see it. And I never thought I'd be on Sam's side. ;)

Date: 2008-10-13 07:01 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x5vale.livejournal.com
I totally get Sam. What I meant was only that he is so sure that he can do it on himself that he doesn't see the truth.

To me this is fear but it's also pride. Kripke himself gave pride to Sam.

Date: 2008-10-18 11:14 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] betgirl.livejournal.com
he is so sure that he can do it on himself that he doesn't see the truth.
That's completely true. And by the time he does realize he can't it might be too late.

You know, after watching this episode again, I started to see Sam's path as more than just good x evil. His journey is about choices and how they have consequences. He might make a conscious choice to use his powers for good but that doesn't mean that he won't find himself in a situation that might lead him into using them for revenge or evil and that probably will end being his turning point, the point in which he gives in to the darkness for good. Sure, choices and consequences are part of pretty much any character. I see that in Dean's journey as well, but right now that's much clearer in Sam's story.

Profile

x5vale: (Default)
x5vale

October 2020

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
1112131415 1617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 28th, 2026 02:55 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios